Disciple-leadership reflects the Acts 8 core conviction that Christian leadership cannot be separated from Christian discipleship,
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.1 Corinthians 11:1
“Be imitators of me” is spiritual leadership. “As I am of Christ” is discipleship. Spiritual leaders are first and foremost disciples of Jesus.
It starts with the Trinity – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. A journey to know God is the foundation of disciple leadership. By experiencing who God is and embracing what Jesus has done for us, we discover who we truly are in Christ.
Our true identity in Christ gives us the meaning of our very existence. Our relationship with God defines our mission in life. Our mission gives us a unique voice in the Grand Story of God and in His community.
These principles provide the foundation for the Acts 8 disciple leadership Training Seminars for pastors, lay leaders, evangelists, and youth leaders. The seminar training focuses on the relationship between discipleship and leadership, and how the two combine to connect the Great Commandment and the Great Commission into a seamless way of Kingdom life on earth.
During the seminars, the trainees discover how to be empowered by the following key Biblical truths.
- Christian discipleship is the foundation for Christian leadership.
- Christian leaders are fruitful only so far as they are faithful disciples of Christ.
- Christian discipleship is to walk in the knowledge of who God is, what He has done, and who we are in Christ.
- Christian leadership is for pointing people to Jesus and equipping them to become Christ-like in every way.
- Christian leadership is for multiplication.
- Christian leadership is holy.
- Disciple leadership brings the Great Commandment and the Great Commission together into a way of Kingdom life on earth and its advancement for the glory of God.